Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad
- 7 spring onions
- 1 red chilli (or dried)
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 bunch Mint
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 Chicken Breast Fillets
- 4 Rashes Bacon
- 2 slices white bread (or croutons)
- 1 large Cos Lettuce
- 4 Eggs - (Hard boiled or poached)
- 1 cup Egg white Mayonaisse
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 5 Anchovy fillets
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Chicken MarinadePeel garlic and add to blender with a bunch of coriander, and mint, grated lemon zest and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Buzz to make a paste adding olive oil and salt and pepper
- Coat chicken pieces and set aside
- CookingDice bacon and cook in a non stick frying pan. when ready remove and add to paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Cook white bread in toaster of frying pan and cut to small squares and set aside
- Boil or poach eggs
- Cook chicken on bbq, grill or pan...cooking for 4.5mins each side (check when ready bt cutting slice of thickest piece). Let rest for 5-10 mins
- DressingPut all the ingredients in a bowl or blender and whisk until mixed. Cover and cool.
- ServingWash and Dry the cos lettuce and add to big bowl.
- Add sliced chicken, bacon, bread (croutons) and dressing. Mix to coat the dressing evenly. Top off with eggs and salt and pepper to taste
Related Tags: Australian Butchers Store