A taste of Greece with all the flavor…and the garlic cherry tomatoes as accompaniment – Yummy!
Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- 750 g Skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks 20-25mm square (or Chopshops Done For Your Kebabs
- 4 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 3/4 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 3/4 cup Dill chopped
- 1 to taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 pc Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice plus Wedges for Serving
- 1/2 Lettuce shredded
- 4 Shallots thinly sliced
- 6 Pitas warmed
- Crank up your BBQ grill to medium-high.
- Mix 3 table spoons oil, coriander, oregano and salt & pepper & either mix with your cubed chicken pieces & slide onto skewers or brush apply to done for you kebabs.
- Place the cherry tomatoes and garlic on large piece of aluminium foil. Cover with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each or salt and pepper. Wrap up the foil and crimp to make a pouch.
- Make sure the BBQ is up to heat and get the kebabs on.
- Use the long tongs to give the pouch a shake up every couple of minutes and turn the kebabs until chicken is just right – 7-10 minutes. Be sure to brush the chicken with lemon juice before taking off the BBQ.
- The Salad
- While that’s all happening, mix the lettuce, shallots, and dill with lemon juice, oil and pepper and salt.
- Strip the souvlaki chicken kebabs and serve with the tomatoes and salad with pitas and lemon.
Related Tags: Best Steak In Brisbane