Easy Christmas Turkey With Delicious Cranberry Pine Nut Stuffing
Cranberry Pine Nut Stuffing
- 140 grams Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 90 grams butter
- 1 brown onion
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp sage
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 4 kg Turkey
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 60 g butter
- 3 carrots
- 2 brown onions
- 4 celery sticks coarsely chopped
Cranberry Pine nut stuffing
- Cook the Pine nuts on a frying pan on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until golden. then set aside
- Lightly cook off the diced onions and garlic in the butter for 5-7mins until soft and golden. Add chopped parsley and sage plus the breadcrumbs and fry until toasted. Add the chopped cranberries, lemon rind, herbs and lightly beaten eggs. Mix it all together and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the neck and any absorbent pads from the turkey body. Pad the turkey dry using paper towel. Tuck the wing tips under the wings and tie the legs.
- Stuff the stuffing mix into the turkey cavity. Add carrots, celery and onions to pan (to help build out the gravy base)
- Melt butter with Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, salt and pepper over a low heat. Baste the Turkey skin with the butter mix.
- Place the turkey in the pan and cover with foil and roast at 180 degrees for 1.5hr. Remove the foil and baste the turkey again with the glaze mix every 25 mins for the next 1.5-2 hours.
- To check when the turkey is ready, prick the turkey with a skewer in the thickest part of the leg - the juices should run clear when ready. Take the turkey out of the oven onto a big serving plate and rest for 20mins before carving.
- Pour the pan juices into a small deep container and give it 5 minutes to allow the fat to rise to the top so you can spoon off the excess. Pour the juices back into the pan on medium heat addiing butter and flour, stirring for a couple of minutes. Add the stock, stirring the mix and simmer for 5 minutes as the gravy thickens up. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve the turkey and pour on the gravy
Related Tag: Australian Butchers Store