The Best Christmas Ham Glaze
- 4 tbsp Marmalade
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cinammon Stick
- 1 tsp Ground allspice
- 1 pinch Ground Black Peppercorns
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Preparing the Ham
- Slice off the outer layer of skin, leaving the fat on the ham.
- Use a sharp knife to score a checker pattern into the fat avoiding cutting right through to the ham meat. Place the ham onto a rack in a large roasting tray.
- Pin the cloves into the ham fat
- Heat up a saucepan on low heat and add apple cider vinegar, honey and marmalade.
- Add the cinnamon, bay leaves, allspice, peppercorns and rosemary leaves.
- (Optional) Slice the chilli and add to saucepan
- Stir for 3-4 minutes being careful not to overheat and put to the side to rest the glaze, removing the bay leaves, cinnamon stick and chilli
Roasting The Ham
- Cook in a preheated oven at 170degrees for 1-1.5hrs
- Baste the glaze liberally over the ham and repeat 3-4 times whilst cooking
- Once the ham is golden and crispy, remove from the oven and rest loosely covered in foil for 15 mins.
Related Tags: Organic Meat Brisbane